501c3 public charity non profit organization. Our goal it to aid in healing the planet by using whole systems thinking through permaculture design of sustainable models for a world changing at a hyper accelerated rate. As part of our mission we experiment with innovative technologies, as well as, reflect upon the successes of the past to develop natural energy, alternative construction, resource and wildlife conservation, waste disposal and agricultural systems.
At a time of rapidly accumulating industrialization and in the face of inevitable growth on a global scale, we seek to preserve the natural balance by investigating ourselves, our technologies and our environment in order to creatively demonstrate a living example of regenerative design and sustainability. By accomplishing this we illustrate and define our important connection to the planet while extending this knowledge and understanding to the people of the world.
ICS, Inc. currently works through facilities in (Costa Rica & Belize) and projects located in areas of South Carolina.
CR-ICS is located on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica, Central America.
Situated next to Cabo Blanco National Park, the first natural reserve established in Costa Rica, provides a unique perspective.
CR-ICS is a 140 acre jewel that includes diverse landscapes, panoramic Pacific Ocean views, two major rivers (Rio Lajas & Rio Enmedio) with amazing waterfalls, forests and vast populations of wildlife.
Centrally located between tourist destinations of Montezuma, Cabuya and Mal Pais- this biological preserve provides a needed respite from the hustle of developing regions.
Our objective is to disseminate useful information through partnerships and collaboration on a personal, local and global range.
- Intro to Permaculture
- Permaculture Design Course (PDC)
- Intro to Natural Building
- Adobe, Cob, Rammed earth, Earth sacks, Straw bale, Ferro-cement, Papercrete, Waddle & Daub, Bamboo, Cordwood, Timber frame construction methods
- Earth Shelters with Living Roofs
- Land Preservation
- Organic Gardening Techniques and the Importance of Soil Health
- Environmental Education
- Solar ovens, Solar water heaters, mud stoves
- Natural Landscape Design
- Animal Husbandry
- Integrated Sustainable Farming
- Water harvesting
- Simple Living
- Electricity- Solar, Wind, Biomass, Water & Waste
- Biogas Digesters & Composting
- Tai Chi & Yoga
- Men’s Groups
- Women’s Groups
- Music, Movies, Arts & Crafts
- Cultural Immersion & Indigenous Cultures
- Massage & Relaxation
- Ornithology & Wildlife Observation
- Starting a Micro-business
- Pre-cycling, Recycling, Repurposing, Reinventing
- Silent Walking
- Survival Training
- Aromatherapy – exploration through the senses
- Medicinal and Useful Plants
- Forest Gardens
- Shamanism, Mysticism and Meditation
- Cross Fitness training
- Horseback riding
- Nutritional Cleansing and Detoxification
- Passive Solar Design
- Food security & Food storage
- Coaching & Consulting